Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Picture of the Day: July 26

It was too windy to fly today, so I used the time to run some errands. Among other things, I wound up getting a new welcome mat. I like it a lot better than the faded one that was there before! Bacon and Giz aren't so sure, though.

$20 worth of clearance blankets from Walmart + a pair of scissors = a blue, mostly covered couch! While it's more of a temporary solution than anything, it covers a lot more of the couch than the other blankets we were using. Someday I'll find a slipcover I like, but until then this will work just fine.

For dinner I tried a new recipe I found online: Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese. It was fantastic! It uses a whole garden salsa pepper, so this is a great way to use them up without having to find some weird fancy recipe. To make it, chop up a hot pepper and prepare bread as you normally would for grilled cheese. Spread cream cheese on the inside of one of the pieces of bread, them put all the hot pepper pieces on that. Top with shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese, then smash up a couple tortilla chips and put them in there, too. After that, treat it like a normal grilled cheese sandwich. Yum! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment