Sunday, November 4, 2012

...and we're back!

Sorry for the lack of posts lately...Mark and I just got back from our big trip for the year: Europe! We spent two weeks away and managed to make it to Iceland, France, Monaco, Italy, and Switzerland. I'll have a whole pile of blog posts soon once I narrow down my pictures a bit. This year I only took 897 pictures between two cameras (as opposed to 1800+ from New Zealand last year), so it shouldn't take nearly as long to get everything edited.

Between Oklahoma and Europe I've spent more of the past month and a half on the road than at home, and while I love traveling I'm honestly looking forward to NOT living out of a suitcase for a while. I was still pretty jet lagged when I went back to work Thursday night and several people asked me why I didn't just call in sick and stay home. I told them I needed to take a break from being around my suitcases for a while and I was only half kidding. My trips have been great, but I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things here.

In other news, I hope everyone made it through Hurricane Sandy ok! Mark and I were away when it hit (and wound up getting stuck in Boston for a night because of it), but none of our stuff was damaged; we didn't even lose any decent sized branches off the trees. If anyone ran into problems and there's anything we can do to help, just let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment