Saturday, May 25, 2013

Keukenhof, Part One

We did so much stuff that Friday, the day gets several posts!

After we finished up with Mario at Lelystad, we hopped in the car and drove a bit southwest of Amsterdam to Lisse. Just outside of Lisse is Keukenhof, a huuuuuuuuge flower garden. As in, 7,000,000 bulbs huge. And that is the correct number of zeros. It's only open for two months of the whole year and is totally worth the trip; you could smell the flowers from the highway exit.

I could try to caption all of these but I think the pictures will speak for themselves. And rather than completely kill your computers with a billion pictures in one post, I'll split it into two picture posts (this way I only semi-kill them. Sorry!). All you really need to know is Keukenhof is huge, gorgeous, and smells amazing. Enjoy!











Of course, I had to get one of these.   :)



This ladder thing snaked over the water and turned into a weird bridge thing toward the side.

The yellow in the background is a nearby tulip field.


There is a windmill near the edge of Keukenhof, and from the platform...

...you can look out onto the nearby tulip fields. Some people were biking through the paths between the flowers.


Man, I wish I had a yard like this.


I do have more pictures from the gardens...I'll have them up in a day or two with the rest of what we did this day. Sorry that these few posts are a bit picture heavy...I hope it's worth it!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment