Sunday, December 8, 2013

Picture of the Day: November 25th to December 1st

November 25th: I had the mid last night, which was handy because it gave me a little bit of a break during the day...kind of the calm before the baking storm, since I'm making Thanksgiving dinner from scratch this year. I geared up for the baking with a chicken pot pie and some Guinness for dinner, then made some cornbread to use for the cornbread stuffing. Yum!

November 26th: More baking! I got a bit of a lazy late start thanks to a headache, but managed to get a bit more motivated later in the day and knocked out the pumpkin pies, stuffing, and broccoli casserole. Mark put Aladdin on his computer and helped a bit, so even though I didn't finish everything I meant to, it still turned out ok.

November 27th: Happy Thanksgivukkah! (I know it's Wednesday, but we have to work tomorrow!) Our buddy Jeff came over for dinner again, and dinner turned out really well! We started with snacks: cheese, crackers, and apples, mini weenies and BBQ sauce, and a tiramisu dessert cheese ball with Teddy Grahams. Dinner was turkey, gravy, cauliflower mashed potatoes, sweet potato kugel, broccoli casserole, cornbread stuffing, challah buns, and cranberry sauce. After dinner we played dreidel for a little while, too...I only got accused of drunken dreidling and predatory lending once. We somehow managed to save room for dessert: pumpkin pie and pumpkin roll. We made dinner and dessert from scratch and everything was delicious.  :)

November 28th: Happy actual Thanksgiving! Mark and I both had to work in the afternoon, but we had the whole morning free to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and the dog show while eating leftovers for lunch. Work was great, too...there was a full turkey dinner with desserts, and since traffic was so light, we were on extended breaks. It was a lot of fun...Thanksgiving is probably one of my favorite holidays to work. I hope everyone had a great day!   :)

November 29th: Poinsettia leaves on Mark's non-edible prize from last week's race. I like how the red fades to green. Also, this is the only non-food picture this week!

November 30th: I didn't have to be at work until 1pm, so I had plenty of time to make myself a turkey slider and eat some leftovers for lunch.

December 1st: Today was my birthday! I ate the last piece of pumpkin roll to celebrate. Normally I'd try to do something fun, but I had to work day/mid today so I spent most of the day either working or sleeping. It's ok, though...it was for a good reason, which you'll find out about in my next post.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment