Thursday, March 13, 2014

Throwback Thursday, Week Eleven

November 6, 2005.

Mark and I took a weekend trip down to Baltimore and DC for fun. I don't think either one of us had been to DC except for a short school trip, so it was neat to get to walk around and actually see the museums and monuments. We were walking across the National Mall when we saw this crowd near the Capitol Building. They were playing Porgy and Bess outdoors on a big screen with speakers, and anyone who wanted to could stop to watch. I thought that was the coolest thing and immediately told Mark that someday I wanted to live in DC. Which makes it even funnier (to me) that we randomly wound up in northern Virginia and downtown DC is only an hour from our house. (While that may sound like a lot, EVERYTHING is an hour from our house around here.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment