Thursday, August 25, 2016

July 21st: Cedar Point

Mark and I wanted to make the most of our one full day in Ohio, so we didn't sleep too late.

The Tin Goose Diner was so tasty and close that we decided to go back for breakfast. I could see my plane from the diner, and it was fun to watch a handful of arrivals and departures while we hung out.

We didn't stay too long, though...there were roller coasters waiting!

Ahh, Top Thrill Dragster. That one's so good.   :)

Mark and I got pretty frustrated watching everyone with the Fast Pass things zip past us in line he night before, so we decided to make the most of our one full day in the park and get Fast Passes, too. What a difference! We were able to get right on most of the coasters, and I think the longest we waited was about 20 minutes.

We came across a petting zoo while wandering from coaster to coaster. This turkey was just a little creepy.

Mark liked the camel, and we got to pet some tiny goats that kept jumping all over everything.

We spent most of the morning and early afternoon going on as many coasters as possible, sometimes twice in a row. At one point, we had to wait forever to get on their newest coaster because some idiot girl was trying to use a GoPro on the ride while it was running. She was eventually pulled off the ride and possibly arrested, which was pretty funny to watch. Everyone booed her like crazy for holding things up.

We were starting to fade a bit after a while, so we wandered around and found a TGI Fridays for lunch.

I'm not sure what was better...the watermelon tasty drink, the salad and fries, or the delicious air conditioning. It was ridiculously hot outside. The bartender was awesome, though, and gave us big to-go cups of ice water to take with.   :)

We made good use of the hot weather, though, and spent the afternoon in the water park. We skipped the slides, but spent some time in the lazy river and the not-so-lazy river before making our way over to the swim-up bar for a drink.

I managed to collect all the hand stamps and wristbands...that's how you know it's been a good day.   :)

We ended the day with a trip to the little beach to take a quick dip in Lake Erie. It looked like there was weather building in the distance, plus we were beat from a long day of heat and roller coasters, so we decided to head back to the hotel.

We did go back out for dinner later, though. Ciao Bella was a really tasty Italian restaurant close to the hotel. Everything was really good! We had dinner, watched the giant fish in the koi pond for a few minutes, then went back to the hotel to get some sleep. We had a long day ahead of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment