Wednesday, October 26, 2016

October 15th: Off to Sedona!

I was pretty happy when I found out that two of my closest friends from work decided to have their wedding in Sedona. I mean, not that I ever need an excuse for a trip, but Sedona is beautiful and it would give me the chance to catch up with some friends out there, too. Mark couldn't get the time off from work (one of these days I'll get him out there), so I packed up my stuff, drove up to Dulles, and got on the plane on my own.

Bye, Dulles...I'll be back in a few days!

I connected through O'Hare in Chicago. It was pretty gloomy weather-wise, but I was only there for an hour so it really didn't matter.

The clouds got so thick as we were climbing out that you couldn't even see the wingtips at some points.

We eventually flew away from the clouds, and the weather got nicer and nicer as we flew west.

 I always love the scenery out west...it's so different from the East Coast.

We got to Phoenix right on time (thank you, United!). The neighborhoods near the airport looked really cool from the air. The pilot made a, um, firm landing, but aside from that, everything went incredibly well. I'll give United credit for that - the last time I came out here, I flew Southwest and it was a giant mess. (And some of the other people who flew out for the wedding flew Southwest, too, and Facebook was a nice mess of 'oh I'm delayed at the airport' posts from everyone who flew Southwest. Can you tell I'm not a fan?) Anyway, I picked up my bag, picked up my rental car, and drove the couple hours north to Sedona.

This was the view from the hotel. It was getting pretty close to sunset by the time I got there, but it was still nice to see some scenery!

For the first couple nights I was sharing a room with my friend Jen. She used to work with all of us in Virginia but transferred out to San Diego a few years ago. She was still at the rehearsal dinner when I got there, but I was able to get into the hotel room just fine and grabbed some dinner while I waited. After a while she came back to the room, and we spent a while catching up on things. It was nice to see her again, and I was looking forward to the rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment