Monday, September 4, 2017

Picture of the Day: August 21st to August 27th

August 21st: Today was the solar eclipse! I almost didn't get to see it because I waited too long to try to order eclipse glasses, but one of my airport buddies hooked me up with an extra pair that he had, which was awesome. I hung out in our backyard and watched it for a while. I took this with my cell phone through the eclipse glasses, hence the not-so-great quality.

Bonus picture: I didn't feel like trying to make one of those fancy pinhole cameras to see the eclipse, so I used my colander instead.   :)

August 22nd: I was originally supposed to fly with my student all day, but she asked if we could reschedule so I wound up with an unexpectedly free day. I didn't make very good use of my free time, but Mark made good use of his day by filling in an old cistern in our side yard with rocks and cement. Hopefully this cuts down on the mosquitoes we've been dealing with.

August 23rd: I thought I was supposed to fly with my student today, but apparently not...she never showed! I went back home and had another listless lazy day. Wembles seemed like she was having the same kind of day.

 August 24th: They recently redid the front sidewalk at work, and when they did, they ripped out the benches I used to sit on. I was a little bummed about it until I got to work today and saw all of the new benches they put out there instead!

August 25th: I've been spending some quality time with one of my fancy coloring books lately.

August 26th: I had to stop for gas on my way in to work in the morning, and these guys happened to be at the pump next to me! I was pretty bummed that I was running really late and didn't have time to go tell them how cool their cars were.

August 27th: Another early Sunday morning walk on the track. It's been really nice to have some cooler weather lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment