Sunday, November 5, 2017

Picture of the Day: October 23rd to October 29th

October 23rd: Mark's parents and grandmother came to visit, though they got stuck in traffic and didn't get to our house until after 10pm. Mark didn't know what pillows they would want, so he piled them all up on the bed in the guest room so they could choose their own. I teased him a bit for having a 'pillow menu', like we're a fancy resort or something.   :)

October 24th: We took everyone down to Lake Anna for a bit. Granny hung out by the water and read her book while the rest of us took a short walk through the woods. The views were pretty sweet, especially with the leaves changing.

October 25th: We had a bit of a late night the night before, so none of us were feeling super adventurous the next morning. We eventually went into Old Town Warrenton for lunch and a little shopping.

October 26th: Mark's family left the night before, so it was back to work and normal airport bum stuff. I spent a little time in the hangar in the morning and realized that there was actually a second part to the practice kit, so I spent a few minutes reading up on that. (Basically measuring and drilling holes, then riveting two pieces of sheet metal together...nothing too crazy.)

October 27th: My mom sent a box down to me when Zach came to visit last month with specific instructions to NOT open it until I got a second box from her. Today the second box came, and after work I finally got to open everything. Turns out it was a box of hyacinth bulbs (my favorite!) from the Netherlands, and a whole bunch of cool gardening supplies! My yard is going to smell amazing next spring...    :)

October 28th: Mark and I both worked day shifts, then drove into DC to see Pink Martini with the NSO at the Kennedy Center. What a fun show! It's a little hard to see, but the last song they did was 'Brazil' and they had a conga line going down the aisles in the orchestra section. 

October 29th: I had day/mid, which was a big ball of fun after being out kind of late the day before. This was the weather when I woke up after my nap in the afternoon. Yuck! Thankfully most of it moved through by the time I got to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment