Saturday, October 27, 2018

May Recap

Obviously I'm a bit behind on this! Since I don't remember everything that happened in May, let's just go with captions on the pictures.   :)

We had some more good porch weather...

...which Wembles quite enjoyed.

My hangar frog decided it liked my towbar, which worked fine until I wanted to go fly. I helped the frog move off to the side of the hangar and out of the way (which is where it normally lives), but it didn't seem to appreciate my help because I sadly didn't see it again after that.

We had some nice weather at work, so I got to walk the track on some of my breaks.

Mark and I spent a week in Portugal, which you may have already figured out from all of my previous posts.  :)

I had hoped that our fig tree would be showing off some new leaves when we got back from our trip, but no such luck.

I had to work the day of the royal wedding, but someone had it playing in the cafeteria, so I got to eat breakfast and watch Megan and Harry getting ready for the ceremony. Maybe the best part was watching all of the guys at work wander through the cafeteria, give each other a hard time for watching the wedding, then sit down and watch it themselves.

I asked my dad what we should do with the fig tree, and he suggested this. We cut off all of the dead branches (which was basically all of them) and fertilized what was left. Hopefully it will come back!

I decided to try some new recipes to prep and freeze for work breakfasts. First up was sweet potato, spinach, and egg burritos. I started putting them together...

...while Bacon ran around the house with one of her favorite toys ever, a soccer ball (which is almost as big as she is).

Ta da! Each one of these buys me an extra 20 minutes of sleep when I have to work a day shift.

I made a double batch of ham and cheese scones, too, so I'm set for a while. 

I got to go fly my C172 for a bit on a really nice day...

...and spied on Culpeper (CJR) from above.

One of the guys I work with has chickens and ducks, so I got some eggs from him. They were so pretty (and tasty)!

Mark was doing something in the tasty drink cabinet and had bottles all over the place. This isn't even everything; there are more in the cabinet, on top of the cabinet, and in another cabinet in the kitchen.

Our power randomly went out one day, and it turned out it had something to do with a transformer across the street. I got to watch the electric company figure out how to fix it, including the part where they hooked something back up with a big pole and there was a giant arc of electricity that shot between the pole and the wire.

Zach came to visit for a few days in late May. Mark made burgers on the grill...

...and Bacon got to play with her soccer ball in the backyard.

We also opened one of Mark's crazy whisky bottles he had picked up on a trip. The cork broke, but he was able to strain everything out and it was pretty tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment