Saturday, January 5, 2019

July Recap

Again, I'm obviously really far behind, so we'll just do captions for each picture. I'm getting there!  :)

I was pretty excited when Mark brought home hot dogs; I don't get them very often, so they're always a (not exactly healthy) treat when I do.   :)

I managed to get back in the air with my student again. On this particular morning, I may have been the very first person on the airport. It was a nice peaceful start to the day.

Our fig tree started growing like crazy. Not bad, considering it was basically a couple small sticks just a couple months ago!

We both had to work on the Fourth of July, but one of the guys at work made a sweet BBQ spread, so it really wasn't that bad.

We had some pretty sunsets...

...then Mark and I got to spend a couple days in Bermuda...

...and I got to tag along on an Angel Flight in the HondaJet.

After all of the travel, I finally had time to start cleaning up my hangar from Women Can Fly.

Fuzz made sure to claim her favorite spot on my office chair every chance she got...

...and I tried out some color combinations for a possible kitchen wall stencil.

I was working in my hangar on another day that the HondaJet had gone out, and stopped by to chat with Gary for a few minutes. They managed to cram that thing back in the hangar just in time...

...because they had barely lowered the door when the skies opened up. The weather this summer was just ridiculous.

Bacon didn't mind, though, because we still took time to hang out on the front porch whenever it wasn't disgustingly warm and/or pouring.

I was feeling a bit ambitious one day (because of course the weather was terrible and I was getting cabin fever), so I prepped a whole bunch of things for work breakfasts.

We had a little bit of nice weather here and there, so I could catch the occasional nice sunrise...

...and I managed to sneak out in my C172 for a little while.

I also spent a decent amount of time playing around in my shop and getting comfortable with my power tools.

I had to go downtown one afternoon to grab something from the drugstore, and happened to catch the lady who sells veggies and plants on the corner of Main Street a couple times a week. I picked up this pretty plant for just a few dollars!

I also ordered some counter samples so we could try to wrap up our kitchen redo. They're all made from recycled glass. It was really hard to pick because they were all so pretty!

We had some tasty pizza...

...the doggies got to go on an adventure to PetSmart...

...and there were more drinks on the front porch. At least our potted herbs really liked the warm wet summer.

I snuck in laps on the track at work whenever the weather cooperated...

...and I was able to get my student in the air again, after having to cancel a few times for weather.

Toward the end of the month, Mark and I got to spend the day at Hanover County Airport (OFP), telling kids about what it's like to be an air traffic controller.

Cat, one of my buddies, was there, too; she brought a bunch of candy as well as her iPad loaded up with an ATC game, so we were pretty much one of the most popular tables there. It was a really fun day, and I think we got a few kids interested in ATC as a career!

I rounded out the month by managing to find a nice enough morning to eat breakfast outside at work one day. Overall the weather was pretty rough this summer, so I had to take what I could get!

No comments:

Post a Comment