Wednesday, January 23, 2019

September Recap

One of our friends wound up with the same days off that we have, so we met up for wine and snacks at Narmada Winery one day after work. They had wine slushies that day, which was a perfect thing to have on a warm afternoon.

Bacon had been on a new medicine that would sometimes make her sick, so we left her in the kitchen one day when we went to work. Both dogs were barking at the front door when we got home later that day; apparently Wembles decided she didn't feel like being in the kitchen anymore and broke them both out of jail.

My new plant collection was starting to grow, so I went to Target and picked up a new set of shelves to put in front of my window. It was a bit bigger than I expected it to be, but that just means room for more plants!

I spent some more time deburring pieces for my airplane project. This piece was particularly tedious.

You can see the difference, though, between the edge that I've finished and the edge that I've only just started. Now, to do that to a bazillion more pieces...

Mark gave Bacon a small cucumber. She was pretty happy.

I spent an afternoon drilling some holes in my vertical stabilizer spar. Finally, some noticeable progress!

Our friends Megan and Marcus came to visit from Dubai, and a few of us got together at a nearby winery. Mark and I unfortunately had to work that afternoon and couldn't have any of the wine, but it was still nice to catch up with them for a bit!

Work provided its usual level of miserable thunderstorms. This year has been absolutely stupid; I don't know that I've ever seen this many weather days.

I guess one good thing about bad weather is it left me plenty of time to get some new plants...

...and hang out with the doggies on the couch.

I got my new plants planted...

...and finished a puzzle...

...and spent some more time working on my project.


I forget which hurricane this was, but it was certainly imposing as it made its way up the coast.

This was one of my new favorite plants; I like how fuzzy the leaves are.

I had found a couple websites where you could order plants online, so I figured I might as well try them out!

My plant shelves were starting to fill in quite nicely.  :)

Mark and I used some of our downtime to make some ham and cheese scones and a batch of butternut squash soup.

And for a brief moment...the sun came out! I almost didn't know what to do after so much crummy weather.

The bush near our front door was flowering; the butterflies and moths loved it.


Mark and I actually had the mid together for a change, so we went to brunch on Sunday. I think this was some kind of breakfast nachos; I remember it being really good.

We stopped at Lowe's on the way home, and I may have finally seen everything now. Pumpkin spice pinecones?!

We rounded out the afternoon by making mimosas at home. They were pretty tasty.

Bacon was still hanging in there, and still begging for her favorite toy (the laser pointer), so that was a good sign.

I was finally able to get out for a short flight, which was really nice. I definitely missed flying with all the crappy weather we'd had.

The silver lining to the bad weather was that I was making a bit of progress on my project; I had everything marked for the second round of drilling.

The weather also briefly cooperated so I could knock out my flight review at the end of the month. It definitely wasn't the prettiest flight I've done, but it was nice to get a good review of some VOR tracking under the hood.

I rounded out the month with a few more plants...

...and a rare sunny afternoon on the porch. September had been a bit of a wash, so hopefully the weather in October would be better for doing some fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment