Saturday, March 30, 2019

November 25th: Afternoon Tea and Dubai Frame

I didn't sleep the greatest our first full night in Dubai, though I didn't really expect to with a 9 hour time difference from the East Coast. Mark and I wound up getting up around 7am, which was right around the time that Marcus got home from working the mid. The three of us hung out for a bit, drinking coffee and catching up, until Marcus eventually went upstairs to get some sleep.

Mark managed to hook their TV up so we could stream a Christmas episode of the Great British Bake Off. I barely made it through the first challenge before I had to give up and go back upstairs for another nap. Needless to say, it was a slow start to the day.

The nap helped a lot, though, and after getting up and pulling ourselves together, we were all off to the Al Fayrooz Lounge for afternoon tea.

It's always fun to go to the fancy hotels in Dubai; there are so many pretty things to see!

We eventually made it to our fancy seats, ordered our first round of tea, and started stuffing our faces.

This tower of snacks and tea sandwiches was just for me and Mark; Marcus and Megan had their own.

Mark and I wanted to try Turkish coffee, so we did. It came with some Turkish delight, which is apparently one of my new favorite things.

Mark and I took a short break from eating all the things to check out the view from the deck behind us. Not bad.  :)

We wrapped up with a whole fancy dessert spread. Everything was delicious, and by the time we left I think we were all stuffed.

We took a few minutes to check out the cool water feature in the lobby...

...before heading outside to pick up the car and head to our next stop.

It was time to check out the Dubai Frame! This was new since the last time we'd visited.

It didn't look that big until you got close. It was massive!

I couldn't even fit it all in the picture. We went inside, got our tickets, and took the elevator to the top.

The whole middle of the top of the frame had a floor that would turn see-through when you stepped on it. It was fun to watch people walk all goofy across it as they freaked out from the height.

It was a bit hazy, but you could still make out the downtown area and the Burj Khalifa from one side...

...and Old Dubai from the other side.

We hung out for a bit, enjoying the view, before eventually making our way back down toward the car. The wind started to really pick up right as we got outside, and a few raindrops started to fall right as we reached the car. Most of the drive back to the house was in blowing sand...I don't envy Marcus having to drive in that!

We made it back to the house just fine, though. None of us were feeling very hungry, so we decided that dinner would be a bottle of Croatian wine.

Rupert hung out on my lap for a bit...

...and we spent the evening watching the F1 race in Abu Dhabi while it stormed outside. It had been a nice low key (and delicious!) day!

No comments:

Post a Comment