Saturday, March 2, 2019

Quick Visit From My Parents

In keeping with the theme of lots of people coming to visit in the fall, in early November, my parents came to visit for a few days.

They brought down our Christmas presents; they were wrapped so pretty!

They also brought some delicious delicious Italian food. We don't have any really good Italian food nearby, so it's always a treat to get something from NJ.

We somehow convinced them to play a video game! We played a few rounds of Trivial Pursuit, which was pretty funny.

We had a full day free to spend together the next day, so we changed things up from our normal trip to Culpeper and headed west instead. I asked Mark if we could make a quick stop in Shenandoah as we drove.

The detour was well worth it; the views were fantastic.



I always love when the clouds are below the ridges.   :)

We stopped to check out a few overlooks, then hopped back in the car to head to our next stop: 

Luray Caverns!

Our tour guide may have been the cheesiest person I've ever encountered, but the tour was still fun and the scenery was really cool.

The little reflecting lake thing is always one of the coolest parts.



I also like how the section on the bottom is almost see-through.




We wandered all through the caverns by the end of the tour.

After the tour was over, we drove into town for lunch. Mark's favorite sandwich place is in Luray, so he was very happy to get another tasty sandwich.

After dinner that night, I showed my mom how to make the ham and cheese scones that I make for my work breakfasts. We made sure to taste test our work.   :)

My parents headed back to NJ the next morning, and Mark and I headed back in to work. It had been nice to have them visit for a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment