Saturday, September 21, 2019

December 4th, Part One: Paris

I felt like death when I woke up the next morning. Between sleeping poorly and having a ton of chest congestion, I was in pretty crummy shape. I eventually dragged myself out of bed, got dressed, and followed Mark to a nearby cafe for breakfast.

This helped a LOT. I felt so much better after coffee and juice and croissants and tasty French bread. We made a quick stop back at the hotel after breakfast, then set out for some exploring. We only had one full day in Paris, so we wanted to make the most of it!

Our first stop was Sacre Coeur. I had never been there before, but I heard that it was pretty neat so I wanted to check it out.

I always love wandering through older cathedrals; they're so pretty.


Even better, we wound up wandering through during mass! I don't go to church and I've moved away from organized religion for a number of reasons, but I always enjoy being able to check out at least a short bit of mass in a giant cathedral.

After wandering around inside for a bit, we made our way outside and down a small set of stairs to buy a ticket for the next part. A bazillion steps up a narrow spiral staircase later...

...we were at the top of the cathedral with a gorgeous view of Paris.


You could walk all the way around the top, and there were great views in every direction.




We eventually stopped ogling at the views and made our way back down. This is just part of the staircase; it was much easier on the way down!


Looking back at the cathedral from the steps in front. I'm glad we went - it was really neat!

There were a bunch of people hanging out on benches and wandering around in front of the cathedral, and a few vendors selling drinks and snacks. We grabbed some hot cider and sat down for a few minutes to enjoy the view before moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment