Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Picture of the Day: June 28

Some of the apples have been falling off of the tree in our backyard, and as time goes on the apples are getting bigger. All Bacon cares about, though, is how delicious all these new tennis balls are!

I was supposed to drive up to NJ today, but the combination of two mid shifts in a row and a bunch of thunderstorms made me decide to postpone the trip a day so I could get some rest and not have to drive in heavy rain. Sometime around 5pm it got really dark outside...then the skies opened up. It rained pretty hard for about 45 minutes, but we didn't think much of it until I happened to walk past the front door...

...and saw this. I always thought it would be nice to have a house on the water, but this wasn't exactly what I was picturing!

The water was so high near the side of the house it was starting to come up the step to the porch.

Mark and I walked out to the end of the driveway; the entire intersection was flooded. We were hoping that one of the town water guys would come take a look at things but no such luck.

This is normally a nice grassy corner...now it's a big river!

No comments:

Post a Comment