Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Picture of the Day: July 12

10 hours of sleep later, I'm feeling much more ambitious! So I ran a bunch of errands, did a bunch of shopping, and I'm ready for this weekend's projects: cucumber soup, turkey meatball soup, and chicken pot pies. It's a lot of work, but once it's all done (and I'll be freezing most of it), I won't have to cook very much for the rest of the summer!

I decided to tackle the cucumber soup first since it seemed to be the least amount of prep. Basically you cut a bunch of stuff up...

...mix a bunch of stuff together...

...then attack it all with an immersion blender. Tada - soup! It's pretty tasty - it's nice and cool at first, then has a bit of a kick at the end.

I was feeling pretty proud of myself, but I couldn't take too much of a break...if I'm going to get everything done this weekend I need to keep moving. On to the chicken stew for the pot pies!

Mmm...my house smells delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment