Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Picture of the Day: August 31

The weather was gorgeous again today, so I decided it would be a great day to head to a new airport! I originally planned to finish up the airport-hopping flight I had started last week, but since I haven't done much flying to the south I decided to head to KOFP, Hanover County. I started by heading south toward Lake Anna.

I cater my flights...mmm, chocolate chip brownie LaraBar for lunch! A burger and fries would have been a bit better, but I'll take what I can get.

I didn't realize that King's Dominion was so close to OFP - you could see it from the traffic pattern! As I flew overhead I could see the roller coasters zipping around.

Entering left downwind for runway 34.

What a nice day! I stopped inside to get my airport passport stamped and to pick up a Charlotte sectional, then hopped back in the plane and headed back to HWY. It wound up being 1.9hrs round trip, and was just long enough to count as a cross country.

No comments:

Post a Comment