Thursday, September 22, 2011

Picture of the Day: September 22

Today was the day that would never end! I woke up at 5:25am at Dave and Debby's house, threw my stuff in my bag, and off to the airport it was. After one of the most painless security screenings I've ever encountered (yay AVL for being competent and nice!), I was in the air, climbing out over the mountains by 7:30.

It was really pretty. :)

I made the mistake of connecting through Charlotte again on the way back. Never again - that place is a black hole for airplanes! When I booked the flight I had planned to be back in VA right around noon, which would have left me an hour or so to grab a nap before working 3:30pm-11:30pm. Well, thanks to a main cabin door that wouldn't close, we didn't even leave Charlotte until about 1pm.

Finally! I wound up taking a couple hours of leave so I could run home and take a shower, grab some food, and take a super short nap, then I went back in and worked 6:30-11:30. Brutal.

No comments:

Post a Comment