Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sad, sad day.

I found out this morning that my friend and coworker, Bill, passed away.

From what I've heard, he had gone home to visit family over the weekend and his mom found him unconscious late Sunday night. He was revived and rushed to the hospital, where doctors discovered he'd had a heart attack. He passed away early this morning. He was only 25.

Life can be long or life can be short. None of us know when our time will be up, so the best we can do is live each day to its fullest. Do the crazy stuff. Run the marathon, take the crazy trip, tackle the overambitious project. Shoot for the moon.

I'm going to miss sharing hiking stories with Bill, and we had talked about hiking Old Rag together but never got the chance. He had just recently gotten certified and had a great career ahead of him, but more importantly he was always happy and fun to be around. It's going to be hard to go back to work and know that he won't be there.

Maybe the Muppets said it best:

Saying goodbye, why is it sad?
Makes us remember the good times we've had.
Much more to say, foolish to try
It's time for saying goodbye.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Sarah, I'm so sorry. It's likely that Bill had occasion to "work" N631S and I, and even though he's not one of the names I've come to know, I join you in regretting that he's left us.

    When I check in tomorrow evening on 125.52, I'll be thinking of him.

    With heartfelt condolences,

    Frank

    ReplyDelete