Friday, August 3, 2012

An Afternoon with Goblins

After my race we still had an afternoon left to go exploring, so after a snack and a shower we hopped in the car and drove into the desert. I counted dust devils to pass the time...and lost track at 20.
I liked how this mesa-thing looked like it spilled.
We saw a few small dust storms, too.
It took a little while but we finally reached our destination: Goblin Valley State Park!
The goblins are actually rock formations...there are a whole bunch of them of all shapes and sizes.
The best part is you're allowed to walk through them, climb on them, and basically do whatever you want.
There was a small hill in the middle; I climbed up to the top and was nearly blown into the next county. It was WINDY. I wouldn't be surprised if there were gusts somewhere around 50mph.
We spent a while wandering around between the goblins.
I think this is Wild Horse Butte. It was huge!
Overall, Utah was awesome! I wish I had more time to explore, but I'm hoping to make another trip back there sometime to spend some more time in the National Parks (and maybe run the race again). 

***

It's been a crazy couple months and I know I haven't been keeping up with my blog as much as I was. I'm hoping to change that soon! I've been slammed at the flight school lately and we've been short-staffed at my full time job, so between working a bunch and trying to squeeze in marathon training I haven't been doing much else. I'm starting to take more time off, though, so I'll get back to adventurey type things soon!   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment