Sunday, January 20, 2013

Picture of the Day: January 14th to January 20th


 January 14th: Hello, weekend! I know it's only Monday morning, but it's my Friday afternoon. After working the mid I came home, had a glass of wine and a piece of cake, and registered for a 10k at the Manassas Airport in April. If you could see the time on my computer screen you'd know that I took this at 6:32am. Yes, I occasionally drink while other people are just starting their day. Welcome to the life of an air traffic controller, where clock time is irrelevant.

January 15th: Paint in the bedroom. The weather today was terrible, so Mark and I got some stuff done around the house. We've been talking about repainting the bedroom, so Mark picked up a sample can of paint in one of the colors we were thinking about. The picture doesn't really do it justice, but it's a muted teal. We decided to go one shade darker, so it's a good thing we just started with a small can.

January 16th: Turkey meatball soup. Another terrible weather day, so we ran a few errands (and bought a new bed - a Tempurpedic!!), then came home and made some veggie mac and cheese and some turkey meatball soup. We froze some of the soup to save for later and inhaled the rest of it.

January 17th: A surprise in the mail! There was an envelope from my Aunt Regina waiting for me when I got home from work. I opened it up and found a flyer and a bunch of sheet music from my great grandfather's orchestra! It was really cool to look through everything; I've been using his violin for my lessons so it was really neat to see some of the music he'd played. Thanks, Aunt Regina!  :)

January 18th: New running shoes (*drool*). With all the hip/hamstring/etc problems I've been having lately I decided it wouldn't hurt to try a few different kinds of shoes for a change. It took a while but I finally decided on a pair of Saucony Kinvaras and a pair of Mizuno Wave Riders. The Mizunos are beautiful but seem to run a bit small so I'll be swapping them out for a slightly larger pair (already on its way to my house), and I've already started breaking in the Sauconys. Can't wait to actually try them out on the treadmill!

January 19th: New running shirt. I picked this up on my recent trip to NJ; it's by Nike and is super comfy and warm. Plus, it has thumbholes. I can't resist a shirt with thumbholes.

January 20th: Kale. The weather today was gorgeous (sunny and low 60s), but I didn't realize that until it was time to go home and sleep for the mid. I at least took a few minutes to wander around the backyard when we got home. Turns out my kale is still popping out leaves, even though it's mid-winter. I'm not sure if these will last much longer, though...Tuesday and Wednesday are only supposed to have highs in the 20s.

No comments:

Post a Comment