Sunday, January 6, 2013

Stuff, stuff, and more stuff

Shortly after Mark and I got back from Europe we drove right back up to NJ. It was time for Christine and Tim's wedding!

 It was pretty fun to be a bit more involved in a wedding. Mark and I were even in some of the pictures. The ceremony and the reception were really nice; the only bad thing was that Mark and I had to leave pretty early because we both had work the next morning. For a little while Mark's mom had me hold her camera; I had fun taking pictures of other people taking pictures of the photographer taking pictures.

I also got the chance to do a flight I've been meaning to do for a while: take one of my friends flying! Eric was one of my trainers at the TRACON, and he's been wanting to learn to fly for years. Visibility was great and it was perfectly smooth; we couldn't have asked for a nicer day. He had a great time, even despite me asking if he remembered that time he made me cry during training right before we took off.

Mark and I both had to work on Thanksgiving again, so we had our Thanksgiving dinner the day before. Jeff came over, too, and since the weather was nice we took the dogs to the park before dinner.

Giz wanted a turn on the swings, too, I guess.

Giz and Bacon thought the playground was the best thing ever. Giz kept running up the steps so he could go down the slides. Mark had to keep wedging himself through all the little tubes to untangle the leashes.

Wheeeeeee!!

After tiring out the dogs we went back home for dinner. The Farmer's Wife didn't disappoint...their premade Thanksgiving dinner is always fantastic. Omnomnom...

We ended the night with a couple rounds of Cards Against Humanity. It's a hilariously offensive card game, kind of like Apples to Apples if it had been designed by a bunch of teenage boys. As soon as we finished playing Mark ordered a set for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment