Monday, February 4, 2013

Picture of the Day: January 28th to February 3rd

January 28th: My GPS watch. I've been easing back into running since messing things up last fall, and I'm finally back up to 5k distance. Since it's supposed to be a little warmer for a couple days this week, I figured I'd charge my GPS watch in hopes of getting in a run outside instead of on the treadmill. I haven't touched this thing since that awful race in Switzerland!


January 29th: Legend Cub at the airport. The weather was nice today so I finally got one of my students back in the air. While we were waiting to get our plane topped off we got to meet the owner of this beautiful Legend Cub, who graciously let us drool all over his airplane. I love my 120, but I'd love to have one of these someday! There's just nothing like flying with the window and door open and having the wind whoosh through the cockpit as you're buzzing along.   :)


January 30th: Doggy walk. It was about 70 degrees today, but since it was really windy with low clouds it wasn't any good for flying. Mark and I took the dogs for a walk in the morning before the rain moved in in the afternoon. Bacon had an especially good time; she found an old piece of pizza in someone's front yard and may have gotten in a bite or two before Mark realized what she was doing. Oops.   :)

 January 31st: Repainting our bedroom. Mark didn't believe me when I said we needed to repaint our bedroom after we got new furniture since the original color didn't really go well with the darker wood of the new furniture. The new color looks so much better!


February 1st: Corks and airlocks. My juice kit should be here any day; it's almost time to make more wine!


February 2nd: Snow! I tried to go flying this morning but time and frost conspired against me. I had an eve shift it snowed most of the afternoon and night. I didn't realize how much there was until I walked outside at the end of my shift; there was about an inch on the ground. Whoever left before me drew this in the snow on the sidewalk.   :)

 February 3rd: Coffee. I had the mid tonight (actually I'm on break on the mid as I type this), so when most people are going to bed I'm chugging coffee so I can stay awake all night. At least I managed to get 4 hours of sleep this afternoon...that's pretty good for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment