Thursday, August 1, 2013

Picture of the Day: July 22nd to July 28th

July 22nd: I had the mid last night so I was sleepy all day. Giz was sleepy, too. Having no air conditioning sucked the energy out of all of us!

July 23rd: Mark and I had originally hoped to go out somewhere for a day trip, but since our air conditioner needed to be fixed, we spent the day at home with the repairmen instead. At least it's not 86 degrees inside anymore! We wanted to get out of the house for a little while, so later in the day we went to The Running Store in Gainesville, where Mark got a new pair of shoes and I got a race number belt (finally, no more fiddling with safety pins!), then we went to the Silver Diner for dinner. I wish they'd build one of these closer to our house - the food is amazing!

July 24th: I did a ground lesson with my student today, then asked him if he'd like to tag along while I took up my C172 so I could play with my new camera in the air. It was nice to have another set of hands to hold the controls while I messed around the camera, and he said it was a neat perspective to see things from the right seat for a change. 

July 25th: The weather cooperated and the plane wasn't broken, so I was able to get my student back in the air today. There were a few clouds over by the ridges, but for the most part it was pretty clear.

July 26th: Mark and I took my plane up for fun. We were having a hard time deciding where to go, but we eventually wandered through Mark's airspace and overflew Gordonsville (GVE) and Orange (OMH). GVE looks tiny from the air!

July 27th: The weather was pretty nice in the morning but I had some other stuff I had to take care of before heading to work. I had to settle for watching a Waco fly low over my house.

July 28th: Another lazy Sunday, but this week, no mid. I spent a little bit of time playing with my new camera. I'll figure it all out eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment