Sunday, April 27, 2014

Punta Cana Beach Day, Part Two

We walked past our beach chairs and kept going down to the other end of the beach.

After a little while the beach rounded a corner...

...and it was even prettier on the other side.

I, of course, made sure to get a jumping picture.

I could sit there and look at water like this all day.

We waded in a little bit; Mark floated around for a little while.

Lots of palm trees over here, too.

We hung out for a little while then eventually made our way back to the resort.

It was already early afternoon, so we grabbed some burgers and fruit skewers and picked a table by the water.

We spent a little more time on the beach after lunch. It was so nice to just sit there and do nothing.

After a while we made our way back to the room. There were more snacks waiting for us! I wish someone would deliver snacks to my house every day.

We hung out in our little patio area for a while...

...then made our way over to the Excellence Club for 'Chocolate Time'. There were all sorts of fancy chocolate desserts, chocolate drinks, and coffee and you could have as much as you wanted. I think Chocolate Time needs to be something I continue at home.

After stuffing ourselves with chocolate and drinks, we went for a walk out to the garden. There was a pond in the middle and it was full of birds; there were boxes of bread out there so you could feed them.

Some of the birds were flamingos!

This one was kind of goofy.

Mark was feeding them while I was taking pictures. I'm usually pretty good about being aware of my surroundings when I'm taking pictures, but when I lowered the camera after I took this shot the flamingo was a LOT closer than I expected! I wasn't using any sort of zoom lens; the bird was probably at most five feet away. I thought about trying to pet it but figured that might not be the smartest idea.

We walked around to the other side of the pond; all of the birds came flocking to Mark when he found another bread box.

After wandering around the garden a bit more we made our way back down to the beach. It was almost sunset and the beach was deserted.

That also meant that we had no competition for the bocce set!

We made our way back to the room, ate the snacks they left us (and had some of the champagne, too), and got cleaned up for dinner. We wound up eating at Spice, an Asian restaurant, where I inhaled every last bit of curry they put in front of me. (Sorry, no pictures...I ate it too fast!) We went to bed fairly early...we had to get up early the next morning for our snorkeling excursion!

No comments:

Post a Comment