Sunday, May 25, 2014

April 28th: Still!

I know...it seems like this day never ends! We still had plenty of time to stop at the hotel and grab lunch before heading to Zach's office, so I tacked on an extra stop...waffles! I couldn't leave Amsterdam without having at least one delicious waffle.

Since the walk from Centraal Station to the hotel went right past a great waffle spot that Mark and I had tried last year, I decided to go back there. The waffle was slathered in warm chocolate sauce and had crunchy bits of sugar on the bottom...it was fantastic.

We spent a few minutes at the hotel; I ate my waffle while Zach grabbed a few things for work. We still wanted to get lunch, so we decided it would be a great time for one last stop at the Pancake Bakery.

Just looking at this picture makes me want another Norwegian pancake. And a Heineken. *drool*

We only got slightly lost and found Zach's office with plenty of time before his meeting. Everyone there was really nice; I spent some time updating my trip notes and sorting through some email while Zach had his meeting. All of his Dutch coworkers had family stuff to do that evening, so we said our goodbyes and wandered out to enjoy our last night in Amsterdam.

It was still fairly early, so we just picked a direction and started wandering. I kept stopping to drool over all of the fancy cars along the way. Like the Tesla parked next to the Fisker Karma(!)...

...and this cool tiny Fiat.

Since we had such a good time at 't Arendsnest the night before we figured we'd head back there again. The weather was pretty nice and we managed to find a table right out by the canal. Zach picked out some meats and cheeses (side note: goat cheese with rosemary might be one of the best cheeses I've ever had) and we sat outside, watching people drift by and eating and drinking.

We hung out for so long that we saw the canal lights turn on.

We made sure to reeeeally enjoy our last night. These were our empty glasses. Oops. We eventually walked back to the hotel and passed out...the next day was going to be a long travel day.

No comments:

Post a Comment