Thursday, August 7, 2014

Throwback Thursday, Week Thirty Two

I'm working on a lot of posts from last week's trip to Oshkosh, so I will have some new stuff up soon. In the meantime...

September 7, 2009.

Tom and I were flying my C120 (that I had just bought) back from Kansas and just could not get out from behind a nasty weather system that was slowing us down. It would be foggy in the morning, then the ceiling would eventually lift enough to fly fairly low for a few hours, then the ceiling would keep lifting into thunderstorms which would shut us down for the day. Every time we thought we could outrun the weather system and pop out into better weather ahead we'd have to stop because it got dark (I don't have a landing light on this plane) and the weather would catch back up to us overnight. I took this in Dayton, Ohio, just a few minutes before it started to pour. We wound up having to leave the plane here for a week, then came back later and flew it all the way to NJ in one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment