Thursday, January 22, 2015

December 1st: A Very Sleepy Birthday Trip

So! I know it's been a while, but I'm still here! Rather than stress out about blog posts over the holidays, I decided to take a little break and enjoy the season before doing the updates for our most recent trip. At any rate, we did manage to squeeze one more trip into 2014...a long weekend in Las Vegas and Death Valley for my birthday in December.

Bye, Dulles! I decided to give Southwest Airlines one more chance after they messed up my trip to Arizona earlier in the year. They had just started direct service to Vegas from Dulles, and we somehow managed to actually leave Dulles on time. The flight was uneventful, and I managed to doze a bit and read an entire book on my Kindle by the time we started to descend into Vegas.

Hello, Vegas!   :)

We landed just fine, picked up our rental car, drove to the Bellagio, and checked in. It was pretty late by the time we made it to our room, and it felt like we had been awake forever since we had both worked the mid the night before, but we were still hungry so we went back downstairs to find some dinner.

Birthday dinner! I think it was some kind of lobster omelet. It was fantastic.

We were so tired after dinner we didn't even stop to gamble...we went right back up to the room and passed out. We had a lot of stuff planned for the next couple days, so we needed some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment