Saturday, August 13, 2016

Goodbye, Canada...Hello Happy Puppy

I slept good enough for how much stuff we did the day before, and we decided to head back to Le Couteau for more coffee and croissants.

Mmm...giant croissant...   :)

I had to fly back home later in the day, but I at least had a little while to hang out and explore. We spent most of the morning checking out some of the quirky shops near the condo...

...before eventually stopping at a bakery for some snacks.

We eventually wandered back to the condo. It was still a little cloudy...

... but I wasn't about to give up my last chance to hang out in the hot tub and drink port.

We eventually got cleaned up, I packed a bit, then we went to a very tasty fancy grilled cheese place down the street for lunch. I forget everything that was on mine but it was really good. One of the options was mac and cheese...I may have to try that next time.

I wasn't sure how bad traffic was going to be getting to the airport, so I left a little earlier than I probably had to. Mark rode the Metro with me to the bus stop, then we said goodbye and I took the bus to the airport (which was standing room only in rush hour. Fun fun!). Things went really fast once I got to the airport (they even have Global Entry kiosks there), and I wound up with nearly 2 hours to kill before my flight. Darn it!

I eventually boarded the flight. It sucked to be leaving alone, but I knew Mark would have fun and he'd be home in a few days, too.

Bye, Canada!

The flight wasn't full, which was a nice change of pace. I even got bonus snacks.

It didn't take long to get to Virginia. We landed just fine, I hopped in my car, and made it home somewhere around 11pm.

 I was a bit bummed to be back when Mark was still in Montreal, but at least someone was happy to see me!   :)

Mark enjoyed the rest of his trip and wound up finding a few new cool bars and restaurants before he eventually came home. I jokingly told him that we needed to go back again so that I could go to them, too (I mean, a hot dog with mac and cheese on it. I love hot dogs and mac and cheese and there's a place that puts them together?!), and that turned into 'no, really, let's go back again', so we will be heading back to Montreal in a few weeks. We even managed to get the same Airbnb condo, so I can't wait to spend some more time exploring the neighborhood (and eating more croissants and poutine and drinking more wine in the hot tub). I'm looking forward to it!   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment