Sunday, August 7, 2016

Lazy Beach Day

Mark and I got up semi-early the next morning, too, to go for another run. This time, we ran the other way down the beach path.

There are so many cool older houses right along the main road. I kept stopping to take pictures, so this was definitely not one of my faster runs.   :)

After stopping back at the house to get cleaned up, Mark and I went out to breakfast at a cool restaurant we saw while we ran. It was right by the water, so we ate our tasty food and watched other people run along the beach path, too.

Ahh...beach! This is where we spent most of the morning. It was really nice; I sat, read some magazines, and people-watched. We even saw some dolphins (though of course I didn't have my good camera handy). Mark's mom and grandmother met us down here and we all hung out for a while.

Mark and I did take a short lunch break, though; we liked the Willow Creek Winery so much the day before that we went back for lunch. We got a couple of their smaller plates to share and had a glass of wine each before heading back to the house. (This winery was less than 10 minutes from the beach...it was nice to be so close!)

We spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out at the beach. It was nice to have such a lazy afternoon.   :)


Mark and I took a short walk to the end of the beach before saying goodbye, packing up our stuff, and heading out. It would have been nice to stay longer, but we had to get back to work the next day. We did at least stop by to visit my parents on the way home...it was the first time I'd seen everyone since my dad was sick, so it was nice to catch up with them! (And my dad is doing much better, thank goodness!)

Goodbye, NJ...we'll be back again sometime! 

No comments:

Post a Comment