Monday, March 20, 2017

Picture of the Day: March 13th to March 19th

March 13th: We drove back down to Glasgow in the morning and flew to Iceland in the afternoon. One of our first stops in Reykjavik was for some delicious lamb hot dogs.  :)

March 14th: We spent the afternoon driving through Snaefellsjokull National Park and eventually wound up at Kirkjufellsfoss. It's one of the most photographed Icelandic landmarks, so it was really neat to see it in person!

March 15th: We spent the morning hanging out at the Blue Lagoon before our evening flight back to the US. It was a really nice way to end the trip.

March 16th: Back home and time to start unpacking...the less-fun part of traveling.

March 17th: The jet lag kicked in a little bit today, so I walked the track at work on my break to try to wake up a bit more.

March 18th: It was pretty gloomy in the afternoon, and at one point, actually stormed. I grabbed this picture shortly before the rain started; the woodpecker that hangs out in this tree is hiding on one of the branches.

March 19th: Another lazy afternoon following a day shift; I really need to find a way to be more functional after these day shifts since I've been scheduled for more of them lately. I had a quinoa/avocado/egg/cheese bowl for dinner while I read this article about how I'm sleeping wrong. (Spoiler: there was nothing new in the article. And I'll be sleeping wrong as long as I work this kind of schedule since my work schedule constantly changes and there's no way I can wake up and fall asleep at the same time every day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment