Friday, April 7, 2017

March 13th: Goodbye Scotland, Hello Iceland!

We were on a bit of a tight time schedule for the day, so we got up fairly early.

We grabbed breakfast at the hotel - french toast with bacon. It was pretty tasty. After breakfast we finished packing the last couple things, then checked out of the hotel and headed to the car.

I grabbed a couple quick pictures before we left.

Bye, Oban!

We had a few hours of driving ahead of us to get back to Glasgow...

...but at least there was a lot of great scenery along the way. We stopped a couple times as we drove along Loch Lommond.

I really liked the hazy layers that stretched back into the distance.

We wound up making it back to Glasgow with plenty of time to spare, We checked into the flight, cleared security, and wound up with a fair amount of free time before our flight boarded.

We grabbed some lunch at one of the restaurants at the airport. I took the chance to try some haggis bites (those things on the left). They were really good! The fish and chips was pretty tasty, too. We finished up our food, then made our way to the gate and boarded our plane.

Goodbye, was fun!

A couple hours of flying, some customs, baggage claim, and a rental car later...

...we got to say hello to the familiar view from the Hotel Natura in Reykjavik. Time to spend a couple days in Iceland!

We were able to borrow a bus pass from the hotel, so we rode into town and made our way down to Baejarins Beztu Pylsur for some tasty lamb hotdogs. There was a fairly decent line when we got there, but it moved pretty fast.

We walked back up to Dillon after we finished our hotdogs. We had a really good time here the last time we were in Reykjavik, but since we wound up here a bit later in the day this time, it was packed. We still had some tasty fries and whisky, but after a while the super drunk people went from being kind of funny to annoying and slightly creepy, so we made our way down the street to a different (quieter) bar for a drink and some snacks before taking the bus back to the hotel for the night.

I ended my evening by doing something I've wanted to try for a while: have a Kinder Egg. These are banned in the US because apparently people are too dumb to not eat a toy inside a big candy egg, so I picked up a few at the Glasgow airport before we left. The first one I tried had a little watercolor paint set inside! I was really impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment