Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Picture of the Day: September 18th to September 24th

September 18th: I had a meeting with the chief flight instructor at the new flight school that's starting up at the airport (and that I'll occasionally be teaching with). After we got the paperwork wrapped up, he asked if I wanted to go fly for a bit since he wanted to check out a Cub they had just put back together. Umm, yes please.   :) 

September 19th: Trip time again! I had originally planned to leave today, but the weather had other ideas. That did leave plenty of time to pack, at least. 

September 20th: Beautiful weather and a healthy tailwind meant I made record time getting down to the Outer Banks! I flew into Billy Mitchell (HSE) down on Hatteras Island, after a quick stop n Currituck for fuel. Mark was already down at the rental house in Frisco with the dogs, and Zach got there shortly after I got settled in. Vacation time!

September 21st: Beach day! The doggies got to check out the ocean for the first time, and Mark even took each one of them for a short swim in the afternoon.

September 22nd: Another beach day. Ahhh.   :) 

 September 23rd: It was our last day in Frisco, and it ended with a fantastic sunset.

September 24th: Time to move up the coast! It would have been nice to stay in Frisco a bit longer, but the house wasn't available. We had another house booked a little further up the coast in Kill Devil Hills, so Zach and Mark drove up while I flew up to Dare County Regional (MQI). It was pretty neat to see everyone on the beach as I flew over Cape Point.

No comments:

Post a Comment