Sunday, October 29, 2017

Picture of the Day: October 16th to October 22nd

October 16th: Timmy, Tara, Canyon, and Simba had to leave to continue their road trip, but we at least had time to go out to breakfast first. It took them a little while to get the camper packed up and the FJ hooked up, so I helped by hanging out with Simba.   :) 

October 17th: I've had a nagging oil leak on my engine for a little while, and it recently got to the point where it stopped being just a little messy and started actually being noticeable on the dipstick. Luckily, the engine had been overhauled at the shop up in Winchester (OKV), and those guys have been awesome with their customer support. I flew up there and Dave followed me up in his C210 in case I had to leave the plane there. After I dropped my plane off with the shop, Dave and I went out and shot a couple instrument approaches in his plane. By the time we came back, my plane was already fixed! Turns out oil was seeping out around a couple studs on the bottom of one of the cylinders. They said it's not uncommon on my engine model, so they sealed it all up and had me back on my way in just a couple hours. Perfect!!   :)

October 18th: Mark and I spent the day trying out a new hike up in Shenandoah. We've hiked Little Stony Man before, but not this way, which stayed mostly on the Appalachian Trail. It was a perfect day for the hike, and I'll have a full post on this with more pictures eventually. 

October 19th: Back to work. I didn't make it outside to walk the track until the sun had set; the geese on the pond looked pretty creepy in the dark.

October 20th: New toy! I bought a GoPro Session to try my hand at some time lapse photography. I still have a LOT to learn, but I have a fun project in mind once I figure out how to use the camera. 

October 21st: Quickturn, 10 hour work day, then home for dinner, a drink, and bed. Not every day is exciting.

October 22nd: Another 10 hour workday; Mark had the mid this week but I didn't, so instead of going home and risking waking him up when I finished up at work, I went to the airport and did a sunset flight out to the mountains instead. I climbed up to 6500', which kept me above the haze and the scattered clouds. It was a really pretty flight.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment