Wednesday, December 19, 2018

July 11th: Goodbye Beach, Goodbye Bermuda

I didn't sleep the greatest on our last night in Bermuda, but I wasn't about to let that slow me down. We had a few more hours to enjoy the trip, so I wanted to squeeze in as much as we could!

Breakfast of champions: leftover steak and Brussels sprouts from dinner the night before. And coffee, of course. After breakfast we grabbed a cab to...

...Horseshoe Bay Beach. We had just enough time to fit in one last trip to the beach for a bit. It was a little breezy, but we didn't let that stop us.


Even better, we got there so early that we beat the crowds!

It's never too early for a dark 'n stormy, though.   :)

After a little while, the crowds started pouring off the buses and filling up the beach. We had a flight to catch, anyway, so we packed up our things, said goodbye to the beach, and grabbed a cab back to the room.

We had a little free time after we showered and finished packing, so we finished our bottle of wine by the pool while we waited for our cab to arrive.

Mark made sure to say goodbye to the doggies before we left.   :)

We made it to the airport with plenty of time, and even better, used Global Entry to clear customs before we even left. We grabbed a snack, hung out for a bit, then eventually boarded our flight home.

The airport there is small but pretty. You don't see too many pastel-colored terminals!

We taxied out and took off...

...and took one last look at Bermuda before we climbed up into the clouds.

The flight back was fine and full of interesting clouds...

...like this storm in the distance.

They were landing on Runway 1 at DCA, so I got to see the bridge that I always send people to when I'm working approach.

I made sure to grab a picture of the terminal at DCA on the way out; it's so pretty and I hardly ever get to see it!

Overall, our trip to Bermuda was great! It was a perfect break from things, and I definitely needed it after wrapping up Women Can Fly. I'm glad we got to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment