Thursday, October 17, 2019

March 4th: Eat All The Things

I didn't get the best sleep that night, but I wasn't about to let that slow me down. There were things to see (and eat)!

We didn't want to pass up the chance to get some breakfast tacos, so we walked over to Counter Cafe for breakfast. Most of the people in there were dressed very fancy and talking about business things; I guess if I had the chance to have a business meeting over tacos, I would, too.

A short Uber ride later, we were at one of my must-see things for the trip:

East Austin Succulents. Holy monkeys, it was so cool. They had thousands of plants.  :)

I wandered through the whole thing...

...then eventually picked out a few things to bring home. I think I showed a LOT of restraint. If we didn't have to fly commercial back home, I probably would have bought a lot more.

We took an Uber back to the room to drop off the plants, then hung out for a little while before grabbing another Uber to check out part of downtown.

We wandered through a bunch of different shops, then wound up at Trace for lunch, which was very tasty.

I was feeling a little under the weather, so after wandering around a bit more, we went back to the room and I grabbed a short nap. That helped, so we hit the road again.

We took an Uber to Alamo Drafthouse to catch a movie and have dinner. This one was especially cool; it had reclining seats! We saw How To Train Your Dragon 3 (which was really good), and I stuffed my face with avocado toast.

Our last stop for the night was Rainey Street. The entire street is lined with small houses that have been converted to bars, and there are food trucks outside, too. It was really neat! We stopped at Lucille for a drink to start...

...then made our way to Icenhauer's for some sangria and fried Brussels sprouts.

I wish I had been able to get a better picture of what the buildings were like; it was really neat.

Our last stop on Rainey Street was Lustre Pearl. They had a guy playing guitar and singing; he was especially good. We hung out for a little bit before making our way back toward the apartment.

Even though it was getting close to midnight on a Monday, we still managed to find a food truck that was open and grabbed some hummus and pita to take back to the room. We inhaled the snacks, then made our way to bed. It had been a very tasty day!

No comments:

Post a Comment