Friday, February 15, 2013

Picture of the Day: Feburary 4th to February 10th

February 4th: burgers! More and more, Monday nights have started to mean burgers and curly fries from the Corner Deli. Mark and I are usually too tired to think about making food by this point on a Monday, and since it's our Friday anyway, why not? Bacon wants to know where her cheeseburger is, though. Sorry, puppy...not this time.

 February 5th: Dinner at McMahon's Irish Pub in Warrenton. Mark and I had originally planned to go into DC for restaurant week but instead wound up having a lazy day at home. We wanted to at least go out to dinner somewhere, and since we had a gift certificate, McMahon's it was! It was really good; I had a cottage pie, which seemed to be a pot pie made with puff pastry.

 February 6th: Hazy practice area. My student got stuck in traffic and someone had the plane after us, so we had a shorter flight than usual. We still got a lot done, though, but since my student spent most of the flight under the hood he didn't get to enjoy the view.

 February 7th: Macro sand. I had a little bit of free time and tried playing around with the reverse lens macro again. I don't think I had enough light, though...oh well, now I know for next time!

 February 8th: Snow! The weather people have been wrong quite a bit lately, and what was supposed to be flurries overnight turned into about an inch by the time I woke up. It didn't last very long, but at least it was something!

 February 9th: Topping off my plane. Since I have an eve shift on Sunday for a change, I figured I'd get up really early and go buzz around a bit in my plane before the winds pick up. Since I doubt there will be anyone at the FBO at 6am, I figured I'd better top off the tanks the day before. I stopped back at the office on my way out in time to see a Pilots N Paws guy dropping off a fluffy little dog to meet its new family and fluffy dog buddy. It was pretty funny to see the dogs hanging out in the FBO.   :) 

 February 10th: How I actually spent my Sunday morning. Remember how I planned to go flying? Turns out that doesn't work too well when you wake up at 4am when your fiance's alarm goes off and no matter how hard you try, you can't get back to sleep. I eventually hit the point where I gave up on flying and tried to just get enough sleep to make it through the eve shift, but with no luck. That didn't exactly make for a great eve shift, but that's about par for the course for this past week. It wound up being one of the worst weeks I've had in a seemed like I got up on the wrong side of bed every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment