Thursday, June 13, 2013

Picture of the Day: May 27th to June 2nd

May 27th: Happy Memorial Day! Mark and I both had the mid so it felt a bit like we had the day off. Our buddy Jeff came over and we hung out, had some tasty grilled steaks for dinner, and had a fire in our little fire bowl after it got dark. Mark and Jeff were gathering wood for the fire at some point in the afternoon and decided that they could take some of the dead branches off one of the trees in our backyard. With a ladder, a rake, and a bungy cord. Nobody got hurt, but watching that was about as amusing as you might expect.

May 28th: I have no idea where all this ambition came from. We finally bottled my wine (a Viognier that I have to wait until late August to start drinking, with the exception of my dinosaur glass on the table), made butternut squash soup, then decided while we were at it we should make some homemade honey wheat bread. Dinner was tasty, that's for sure!

May 29th: Wiener dogs DO fly! Mark and I had planned to fly to lunch but I wasn't feeling too hot. I still wanted to at least put a little time on my C172, so we buzzed around for 0.4 and took Bacon with. She didn't seem to mind it; she just sat in Mark's lap the whole time and chilled. Maybe we'll have to try a little longer flight next time.   :)

May 30th: I woke up with a sore throat for about the tenth day in a row, so I called out of work to go to the doctor. Judging by the towering cumulus I could see from my backyard, I'm guessing I missed a bit of weather fun. 

May 31st: The baby geese at work are getting so big! I always look for them when I walk the track, and this time they were paddling around in the pond.

June 1st: I had the day off because I was originally supposed to be running a half marathon today, but messing up my hamstring this past winter threw a wrench in those plans. Instead, I ran my first trail 5k this morning (which I'll write about in another post), then once Mark got home, we rode our bikes over to a local carnival that benefits the fire department. We ate funnel cake and ice cream and went on the spinning rides (in that order) was really fun!

June 2nd: Ah, the joys of owning an airplane. One of my friends called me right before I left work to tell me that he'd been riding around on the ramp and saw my nosewheel was flat. I have no idea how it happened! I even used a towbar to put the airplane away the other day, so it's not like I put any weird side loads on the nosegear pushing it back. Hopefully the shop can get it fixed soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment