Sunday, November 10, 2013

Picture of the Day: November 4th to November 10th

November 4th: Coffee candies from Amsterdam. I was cleaning up my desk a bit today and found them. Yum!

November 5th: Election day! Mark and I went for a run today, then realized we should have brought our IDs with us since our running route took us right past the school where we vote. We ran home, grabbed our IDs, ran back, and voted. I wore my 'I Voted' sticker for the run home. I'm sure the volunteers loved my outfit.   :)

November 6th: Sunset up on Skyline Drive. I did a short flight this morning, then Mark and I spent the afternoon hiking Hawksbill Mountain. The sun was just starting to set as we were making our way back out of the park, so we pulled over at one of the overlooks and watched the clouds change color.

November 7th: As a change of pace, I rented a fancy macro lens and a ring flash to play around with for a week. I had some free time this morning, so I figured I'd take advantage of the rain we had and get some macro shots outside.

November 8th: If I wasn't sold on the lens/ring flash combo before, I am now! I spent some more time playing with the rental gear this morning, and the more I use it, the more I like it. This is a tiny basil plant that sits on the windowsill in our kitchen. 

November 9th: It got pretty cold overnight, and when I woke up, the tree in our side yard (I think it's a hickory) was absolutely raining leaves. I'm sure Mark will be happy to see this when he gets home, especially since he just sucked up all the leaves in the yard a couple days ago. 

November 10th: Yup...definitely adding this lens and flash to the list of camera gear I want to buy. I found this ladybug wandering around in our living room, so I took a few minutes to take some pictures before getting ready to head back to work for the mid.

No comments:

Post a Comment