Thursday, November 13, 2014

Throwback Thursday, Week Forty Six

October 12, 2010

Have you ever wondered what the view is like from the rear seat of a P-51C? Wonder no more...it looks like this! This is still one of the best hours of flight time in my logbook: 1.1 hours of zipping around northern Virginia in a P-51. Sure, it may have been two weeks before we closed on our house, and the flight may have cost more than my first car, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. (And if they ever come back to HWY, I'll do it again in a heartbeat!)

And since it's such a pretty plane, here are some bonus pictures from the flight:

I included my feet as proof. Note my classy Converse.   :)

It takes a little work to actually climb up into one.

The pilot was great and even let me do a low pass down the runway at the end of the flight. As I pulled up and banked away while passing the ramp I caught a quick glimpse of camera flashes going off as everyone took pictures. Awesome.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment