Friday, March 3, 2017

Picture of the Day: February 20th to February 26th

February 20th: I had originally planned to fly up to NJ in the afternoon, but the more I thought about it, the sillier it seemed to rush the trip and fly on such little sleep after the mid. I did spend some time at the airport in the afternoon, getting my plane ready for the next day. And when I pulled up to my hangar, I saw this plane sitting over at the shop! I had actually worked these guys several days earlier when they tried to do their transponder test. I went over and introduced myself, and we all had a good laugh about how general aviation can be such a small world.   :)

February 21st: I was much more ready to fly after some sleep, and the weather cooperated, too! I left for NJ shortly after breakfast and made one of my best times yet, thanks to a healthy tailwind. This was out near Dover, right before I crossed over the Delaware Bay.

February 22nd: The weather cooperated and I was able to stay in NJ for most of the day. I flew home later in the afternoon, and you could see some of the lower clouds out to the south. This was somewhere over the Chesapeake Bay, heading southwest.

February 23rd: Back to work. The weather was really nice, though, so I made sure to sneak in a lap around the track in the evening. 

February 24th: And this is where it all fell apart. I had ended the previous night with a pretty bad sore throat, and by the time I woke up Friday morning, I felt terrible. I called in sick and wound up spending most of the day in bed with a fever and a terrible sore throat. Ginger ale and chicken soup were about all I could handle.

February 25th: I had hoped to feel better enough to head back to work, but nope. My throat was still incredibly sore and I couldn't really talk, so I spent the day at home again. That gave me plenty of time to watch the storms build and roll through the area. 

February 26th: STILL home sick. My voice still wasn't fully back, so I stayed home for the day shift and decided to try to work the midnight shift. My friend who I'd be sharing the shift with wasn't feeling so hot, either, so I put together a goodie bag for us. Needless to say, it wasn't one of the more fun shifts I've worked lately, but I got through it (barely).

No comments:

Post a Comment