Saturday, May 27, 2017

Picture of the Day: May 15th to May 21st

I know I'm a bit behind on my posts, but it's for a good reason...we just spent a week in Italy! I'll have a whole bunch of posts and pictures soon about the trip; it was beautiful and delicious. For now, some pictures of the day.   :)

May 15th: We had a direct flight to Rome from Dulles. I've been racking up the United miles, and by the time this trip is done I might have enough to cover airfare for whatever our next trip is. 

May 16th: Some snacks and wine (and a view) from our hotel rooftop terrace in Naples, Italy. We were pretty beat but managed to power through the day thanks to a short nap. 

May 17th: We spent a few hours in Pompeii on our way south. What a cool place! We spent about three hours here and I easily could have doubled that.

May 18th: Overlooking Amalfi. We spent part of the day sightseeing here. The drive to get here sure was interesting, but that's for a later post! 

May 19th: We stopped in Herculaneum on our way north. Herculaneum is kind of like a baby Pompeii; it was also buried by Mt. Vesuvius in 79AD, but it's smaller and a bit better preserved. It was incredible, and easily one of my favorite stops of the entire trip. This mosaic was in one of the houses. Insane.

May 20th: Looking up toward Palatine Hill from the Roman Forum in Rome. I accidentally slept in a LOT, so this was a bit of a low key day. 

May 21st: We wandered through the basilica a few blocks from our hotel while they were holding Sunday Mass. It was really cool; there was a choir and the art was incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment