Monday, August 7, 2017

Picture of the Day: July 24th to July 30th

July 24th: This was the sky when I left work a bit after 5:30am. Holy monkeys, was that a ridiculous mid. There was a tiny blob of weather in the airspace when I got there at 10pm the night before, and within 20 minutes the tiny blob turned into a GIANT blob that covered half my scope. I had airplanes deviating everywhere, we had to stop departures and split off extra sectors (thank goodness a few of the eve shift guys were still there), and it was just bananas. Good times. 

July 25th: I took a friend flying for a bit in the morning, then had the shop adjust my idle and mixture settings after we got back. One of these days we'll find the sweet spot... 

July 26th: Mark and I had originally planned to fly out to Tangier Island, but the ceilings were pretty low over the bay. We decided to take my convertible up to Shenandoah and go for a hike and a drive instead. 

July 27th: Just about time to pick the cucumbers! There are a few of them hiding under the leaves now.

July 28th: I've wanted a spiralizer for a while, so I finally ordered one and it may be my new favorite kitchen appliance. I used it to make zucchini noodles with a zucchini from our garden. Dump a little tomato sauce on them, microwave it for 30-60 seconds, and ta da! Instant tasty veggie meal.   :) 

July 29th: We FINALLY caught a break with the weather and had a nice day without all of the humidity we've had lately. I can't remember the last time I was able to walk the track at work! 

July 30th: Mark had the mid and I didn't, so I worked a ten hour day, then snuck over to the airport for a bit. I managed to catch a few of my buddies just as they came back from Oshkosh, which was fun, and I squeezed in a quick trip around the pattern, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment