Monday, August 14, 2017

Picture of the Day: July 31st to August 6th

July 31st: I spent most of the afternoon bumming around the airport after working a day shift. My hangar neighbors had their door open and were nice enough to let me check out the inside of their HondaJet. What a cool plane!   :) 

August 1st: Mark and I had originally planned to fly somewhere today, but our plans were cut a bit short when a Dominion Power truck showed up in our driveway to remove an old telephone pole. I wasn't about to complain - we've been trying to get them to do that for a couple years now - so we decided to go out for lunch and a wine tasting instead after they finished.

August 2nd: The weather cooperated, so we were finally able to fly to Tangier Island (TGI). It was a lot of fun; I'll have a full post about our trip soon.

August 3rd: Some of the bigger tomatoes in our garden are finally starting to ripen.

August 4th: I'm a little sad that I don't have any zucchini left right now to make more noodles, but it looks like I won't have to wait very long to get some more.

August 5th: Today's haul from the garden. The cucumbers are getting huge, and I finally convinced Mark it's time to start picking them.

August 6th: I was able to get a little time off work today and got to spend it doing something very cool: tagging along on a volunteer flight in this pretty plane! I'll have a full blog post about this soon; there's way too much from this day to fit into just one picture.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment