Monday, October 23, 2017

Picture of the Day: October 9th to October 15th

October 9th: Another week, another...surprise HondaJet ride! Frank texted me the night before and asked if I wanted to ride right seat. What a silly question! I'll have a full post on this a bit later after I get caught up on my vacation posts, but we flew out to Wheeling, WV (HLG), up to Boston (BOS), then back to HWY. It was a lot of fun, especially since we got some actual IFR.   :) 

October 10th: I spent most of the day goofing off at the airport, and ended with a short solo flight out toward the mountains just before sunset. 

October 11th: Mark and I spent a good chunk of the day at the airport, messing around with my C172 and the Mustang, then Mark made pizza from scratch for dinner. 

October 12th: I had a random Thursday off, which worked out well because I spent most of the morning at the dentist's office getting a crown. When the numbness finally wore off and I was less grumpy, I went over to the airport and spent the afternoon making some progress on my practice kit.

October 13th: I had to renew my passport since it expired early next year, and since I waited a little too long to get started on the whole process, I decided to pay to expedite it. The websites all said it would take two to three weeks, but I got my shiny new one only one week after I sent the paperwork in! Now I just need to fill it with stamps.   :)

 October 14th: I got to spend the day talking about ATC at the Culpeper Air Fest. The morning started out with some low clouds, but by the time they were ready to start flying in the afternoon, everything had cleared up and it was gorgeous blue skies. It was a really fun day of talking ATC, drooling on airplanes, and catching up with friends.

October 15th: Speaking of catching up with friends, my friends from Arizona came to visit for a few days! Timmy, Tara, their son Canyon, and their dog Simba are making their way down the East Coast in their camper, and it worked out perfectly for them to spend a couple days with us. They hung out with me at the Air Fest the day before, and I was able to get leave from work Sunday morning so we could go hiking up in Shenandoah. It may have been cloudy at home, but it was gorgeous on Skyline Drive. With how they've always welcomed me in Sedona, it was nice to be able to return the favor and have a few days to catch up with them!   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment